<b></b>
Sweet

<b></b>
Savoury

<b></b>
DIYs

Extra Moist Lemon Drizzle Cake


I don't think lemon drizzle cakes receive enough attention or recognition. Thus, I give you the most divine lemon cake you'll try. 

You will need...
Cake
225g Unsalted Butter (softened)
225g Self-Raising Flour
225g Caster Sugar
4 Eggs
Zest from 1 whole lemon

Drizzle Topping

Juice from 1 1/2 Lemons
85g Caster Sugar

Cream Filling

300ml double cream
1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract (depending on its strength and your preference)


Method...
1). Pre-heat oven to 180C. Beat butter & sugar together until creamy.

2). Add 4 eggs and mix thoroughly 


3). Next, add flour then the finely grated lemon zest. Mix well.
4). Line your tin with butter or grease proof paper. Spoon in cake mixture 


5). Bake for 40/45 minutes. Use a knife of skewer to check if the middle is cooked by inserting into centre of cake, if it comes out clear it's ready. Now leave to cool.


6). Once cool, juice 1 and a half lemons and mix liquid with 85g caster sugar. Prick cake all over top with your knife or skewer, then pour your sweet juice all over the cake (I put my cake back into its bake tin to do this - less mess!)

7). Leave to cool again.

8) Whilst cooling, I whipped double cream with vanilla extract until thick

 9). Once icing has dried, cut your cake in half and add cream
 10). ...And....serve! I added a dried orange to mine as I could find any dried lemons but you can decorate yours however you like.

 Enjoy, hope you love it like we do!


4 comments

  1. Oh my. I am a lemon dessert fanatic. This is a must-make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Then I promise you will love this! Its such a crowd pleaser my family thought I'd bought it haha. Let me know how you get on :)

      Delete
  2. I followed this and it was great, Luchia which mixer do you use? Kitchenaid? Thanks T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey T,
      So glad you enjoyed it! Its definitely one of my favourites :)

      No I use a Andrew James, I was always a fan of KitchenAid but I got bought a Andrew James for Christmas and I've never looked at KitchenAid since!

      See my review here http://www.luchiacooks.com/2013/12/early-christmas-present-product-review.html

      Delete

Back to Top