<b></b>
Sweet

<b></b>
Savoury

<b></b>
DIYs

Bill's {Restaurant, Bristol}


Now I'm sure your thinking this isn't a homemade post but I just had to share it with you. Plus a girl's got to eat out once in a while and let someone else do the dishes!


Me and my friends loved Bill's restaurant when we were in Uni. So I was ecstatic when I unexpectedly found the Bristol branch and there was no time like the present to go in!



The restaurant is at the top of Park Street on Queens Road (A4018)
and has a small shop selling all sorts from teapots to lemonade and chutney. 




The restaurant itself is very quirky and different to the standards. It's full of lively people and has a real fun atmosphere! I would advise you book before hand as I dropped in on a Sunday and it was heaving! I had to wait 20 minutes for a table but I didn't care as I was still on a high from finding the place!

Me and D were starving and decided that we'd have the starter with our main. Why not eh? So to start we had crispy lemon squid served with tartar sauce. I must admit the presentation of this plate isn't the best but what they lack in appearance is made up in taste. Wow it was almost my favourite dish..almost.


For mains, D had 'sugar and spice' marinated half chicken served with sweet potato fries and curried slaw. I am a sucker for sweet potato fries so we shared those (I had the majority).

I had a halloumi and hummus (meatless) burger with baby gem and roasted peppers, sweet chili and yoghurt. Served with skinny fries (D had most of my fries as his meal went missing :P).




The meals were delicious and in a couple mins were gone...



'Would you like desserts?'..Like they even need to ask!.. YES!

We both shared a sticky toffee pud which has a gorgeous butterscotch sauce and honeycomb ice cream - it was absolute bliss. 

As well as an eton mess 'with a twist' (Come on you know better than that to just have half of a dessert!). The eton mess had fresh mango, passion fruit, whipped cream, mascarpone and crushed meringue with a mango and lime coulis. It was absolutely amazing, such a great spin on a classic.


I highly recommend this place. It has a cheery bunch of staff who are great, in hand with the atmosphere and decor which is very 'cool', encompassed with great food. What more could you want?

Click here to look at their menu, locations and book!


--------------------------
Don't forget to follow me


No comments

Back to Top