<b></b>
Sweet

<b></b>
Savoury

<b></b>
DIYs

Avocado Brownies

 
Unfortunately it's Sunday today which means the weekend is nearly over and work begins. But fortunately for you I've got just the thing to make the stress of the week ahead float into a chocolatey dream that your going to make time and time again. 

Butter-free brownies mean we can eat these ridiculously delicious chocolate delights guilt free. Thought that might brighten your day!



You will need:
2 small or 1 large avocado
1 large egg

1.5 cups of granulated sugar   
3/4 cup of cocoa powder 
1/4 cup of plain flour

Method:
1). Preheat oven to 180C. Mash your avocado/s until smooth.

2). Mix in one egg

3). Add sugar and cocoa powder. Patience is key, add it fast and you will see clouds of cocoa swarm the kitchen around you - trust me! (patience has never been my strong suit).

4). Once your cake mix looks like mine, you are ready to add it to your greased tin for the oven.

5). I added milk chocolate chunks to the top just before putting it in the oven as I believe you can never have too much chocolate.


6). Leave in the oven for about 20/25 minutes until cooked throughout

7). Once ready, pull them out and leave to cool


8). And now what we've all been waiting for.... serve! I sprinkled icing sugar over mine too, just to give it that decadent feel. 


So if your planning on eating something sweet you might as well use avocado rather than butter as its a natural fat and although you're not compromising on taste, you're getting some goodness in.


These skinny avocado brownies will be the death of me.
But then perhaps not? Comment below and let me know what you think!

4 comments

  1. I really have to try these!
    Great Post! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dan :) Honestly I was slightly skeptical about them but they are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo these look great. I made avocado cupcakes a couple of years ago and they turned out so much better than I expected - these will be on my list to try (when avocados aren't $3 each here!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thanks Risa, they are great for feeling a little less guilty about eating something naughty :P Wow $3?! Thats crazy I can get them here for 50p so that would be like 90c? maybe $1! But your petrol is alot cheaper which I am very jealous of!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top